Sunday, April 5, 2015

First time I dropped my camera

Hello everyone.

Spring has just started but it's still so cold. I am on spring break now so that's a big plus! I can take way more pictures and start studying for APs -.-. The first day of spring for me was snowing like crazy and that reminded me about something dreadful that happened in the winter.

One days I went over to my friends house to take some pictures. It was really cold because it was still winter but we still wanted to take some pictures outside. So all we did was we went around her neighborhood. Our first stop was this park near her house. There was this baseball field covered by snow and there was only one pathway shoved for people to walk. We were walking on the path and taking pictures as you do. My friend stopped to take some pictures when I saw a water fountain.

The first thing that came into my head was "I want to stand on that" so that's what I did. My friend turned around from her picture and said "how did you get up their so fast". She turned her camera towards me to take a picture and when to pose and then........ it happened.

I dropped my camera.

When it initially happened I  was very scared. Note that this is the first( and only) time I dropped my camera so I was freaking out about it breaking. My mom paid a lot of money to get me this and if I break it, not only would my mom kill me, I would kill myself. The reason that my camera dropped was because I lost a part of my neck strap. I lost one of the little plastic things your loop the straps into to make it stay. They way I tied my the staps to my camera were really bad so that's why it fell.

In the end it was nothing to bad. It has a mark on the side and the lense go dirty but the camera still works and that's the most important. This is a reminder to always have a secure neck strap on when you are going out to take pictures. I use the one given when you buy the camera but I know some people make their out straps.

I love love LOVE my camera but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be perfect. I will drop it more times and I will touch the lense by accident but hopefully I don't.

Thank you all for reading and please check out my Instagram at www.Instagram.com/Exposureyourself and follow and like all my pictures. Hope spring brings . warmer weather and I'll see you at my next exposure.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment