Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Class: Digital Photo

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't wrote a post in a while but I will try to start writing more post.

Anyway, the conversation of the day is the new class I am taking in school. In my school we have just finished the first semester and we are transferring to the next. This means I have new classes and have to start my PIG paper -.-. But enough about PIG and onto the post.

The new class I am taking is called Digital Photo.

What is this class?
-This class is pretty self explanatory. You will be taking picture on a digital camera based on different projects that the teacher gives you. We also learn to photoshop our photos (it is very minimum photoshop based on my advertising and design class).
-you are aloud to use a DSLR camera or a point a shot camera. You are explained how to use the different functions on the DSLR so if you only have a point a shot camera, the explanations of the different functions might be boring for you.

Do I need a DSLR for this class?
-Like I said in the last question you can use a point a shot camera if you don't want to spend a lot on a DSLR. You might get bored when the teacher is explaining the DSLR functions. But it might be good to listen to because if you are planing on getting a DSLR in the future then knowing the functions would be beneficial.

How much photoshop do you do/learn?
-I also talked about this in the first questions saying that you use minimum photoshop. The main functions on photoshop that you learn are color retouch. You will learn how to use the crop, stamp, burn/dodge, erase, and brush tools. You will also learn how to change the levels and curves of your picture.

Why did I choice to take this class?
-I have been doing film photography for 2 years now and I have never done digital photography so I wanted to explore it. I knew that after I get out of high school then I wouldn't be working in film photo anymore. I still want to do photography after high school so the best option is digital.
-I didn't want to be like all those photographers on tumblr and instagram that have good cameras and take picture. I want to be a legit photographer that knows now to use a DSLR and not just have a camera to take good picture. (Note: if you have a good camera and want to just take picture that is totally fine but that is not the kind of photographer that I want to be).
-I had took a Photoshop class last semester and wanted to continue so I wouldn't forget how to use the program.

Recommend to take this class?
-If you do have a class like this in your school then I highly recommend it. Learning how to work your digital camera early will steer you in the right direction to taking better photos.
-Note: all schools are different so if you want to take a class like this please ask your guidance counselor for help

These are all the questions I'm answering now. I have only been taking this class for abut 2 weeks so I will make an update post answering more questions about this class. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below. I also will post some of my pictures that I take during this class.

Thank you for reading and I'll see you at my next exposure.

-Jessica

(Note: If you see any grammar or spelling mistakes please comment below and I will fix them as soon as I can. )

No comments:

Post a Comment